GENERAL AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash your hands before taking care of your tattoo.
- Remove the bandage between 1-3 hours of leaving the studio.
- Wash your tattoo with warm water and a mild liquid soap.
- Pat your tattoo dry with a clean paper towel.
- Apply a thin layer of healing salve.
- You will want to wash and care for your tattoo at least 2-3 times a day. You may need to provide extra care depending on the location of your tattoo, and your daily activities. For example: if your job or workout gives you a serious sweat, you should make sure to clean your tattoo afterwards.
- You will want to keep up on aftercare until your tattoo is completely healed. This could take between 1-3 weeks.
- Avoid clothing that can rub your tattoo.
- Make sure to wear clean clothes, and have clean sheets on your bed.
- Do not pick or scratch the tattoo. If it gets itchy, apply a small amount of salve.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the tattoo, until it is completely healed.
- You can shower normally, however take care when using heavily scented body washes, and shampoos, as you do not want to get them into the tattoo.
- No swimming, no baths, no hot tubs. You can shower normally, but do not submerge your tattoo.
- Avoid exposure to, or contact with pet fur and/or dander.
- Avoid any activities that can damage your tattoo.
Should you experience any unexpected redness, swelling, or tenderness at the site of your tattoo, promptly contact a licensed medical provider.